Healthcare Support Worker
Healthcare Support Workers (HCSWs) are a vital part of our trust. It’s a rewarding career that gives you the opportunity to work with a diverse range of patients and other healthcare professionals, to deliver great care.
You don’t need any specific qualifications so it can be a great way to start a clinical career. What you will need is a willingness to learn and passion for helping others.
Watch the video to hear from our current support workers about why you should consider joining. We also have a video in the menu below about what we offer to our support workers.
Watch our The best thing about being a Healthcare Support Worker video on our YouTube channel (opens new browser tab)
All roles involve assisting our mental health and physical health teams such as nurses, occupational therapists, or dieticians, to provide great patient care.
You will help support our patients on their health journeys, such as managing a long term health condition or helping in their recovery.
You may choose to work in several areas:
- Mental health services, in our inpatient wards at Prospect Park Hospital, or as part of multi-disciplinary teams supporting those with mental health difficulties in the community
- Physical Health services, including inpatient adult wards such as at Upton Hospital or seeing patients in outpatient clinics or in their own homes, such as part of our community nursing teams or intermediate care services.
- Learning Disability services, in our inpatient ward or a variety of community settings with the community learning disability teams across Berkshire.
- Children’s services, supporting outpatient clinics, school clinics and home visits across Berkshire.
Watch our How we support our Healthcare Support Workers video on our YouTube channel (opens new browser tab)
- Make a real direct difference to people every day
- Support from clinicians to develop your own skills
- Enhanced training in your first year through our Stepping Forward Programme, which includes pastoral support, reflective supervision, and career development discussions
- Great career development opportunities, such as apprenticeships to progress into a specialised clinical role
- Recognition events and learning conferences
- Completion of the Care Certificate
We offer a huge range of benefits to support your wellbeing at work.
In this video, Sunny Po talks about his role as a Senior Clinical Support Worker.
Visit our Vimeo channel to watch our healthcare support video (opens new browser tab)
With the right support, those who demonstrate the skills and core values essential to delivering high-quality, compassionate care can go on to become our future nurses, nursing associates and Allied Health Professionals (AHPs).